November 2, 2007

It's official - our family is legal!!

We had our second parent adoption today and now Owen has two 'official' parents. As I said to Jen, "Congratulations....it's a bouncing baby boy....26 pounds, 30 inches long!" From the beginning, Jen has been the best mother ever and no piece of paper makes that any stronger but it is nice to have things legalized. It's sad that we have to go through all the extra hoops and expense but it is a great sense of achievement for us. I love my family. :) Here he is looking out the skyway at all the cars driving by.Owen, our little Bear, had his first go at Trick-or-Treating! We think he enjoyed it. Next year will be the better test. I don't know about you....but this is the cutest bear I've ever seen. RRROOOAAARRR!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You have always been a family but everything legalized deserves a big congratulations. I love you all very much. Grandma thinks that is the cutest bear she could ever see. I love you O-Wee and am counting down the days til I will see you. Hug and kisses to everyone.

Anonymous said...

I never even thought about you ever not being a family. To me Jen has always been my sister, so it just seems you have always been a family. But after all that is said, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Love,
Auntie Terra