March 21, 2007

Stuntman's Mom Wins Design Award!!

Hello from one tired family! Owen is working on two more teeth (center upper). They are big and they are hurting him. He has been so whiney the past few days and not sleeping at all the past few nights....this means that we are all three up at all hours in the night.
We are hoping that those things break through some time soon so he has some relief. Even when he is in pain and discomfort, he is always trying to smile and be happy. That's my Owen! So sweet.

There has been lots going on lately. The most exciting lately is that Jen won a design award through the AIGA Minnesota's Annual Design Show of Excellence, which highlights the most exceptional design work being produced in the upper Midwest and showcases the power of design in today's culture.Seems fishy that it is my organization's competition and she just so happens to win? Well, the winners are selected by independent leading design professionals from across the country...I have nothing to do with it. It is strictly her talent!
Here are some screen shots of her winning designs. The link in the upper right of this page will be working soon.
I am so very proud of her......it really is a great honor in the local design community.

ROPE POWER WITH SOPHIE T.
Last night, Jen, Owen and I joined Uncles Mike & Ty and Ava to watch Sophie in a jump rope competition. Different schools compete against each other in all these neat jump rope activities. I know you might ask yourself, what the? but it was the coolest thing ever! These kids were so talented...especially Sophie! She was one of three kids from her school chosen to the double under...she was great!! Not only that, she was jumping rope on her knees. Very talented I tell you. We had a great time!

We hope that Owen is on the Rope Power team for his school. If not that, then we hope he is at least President of the Stunt Club because.......

he does all of his own stunts, you know.

Here is a sweet picture that I took of Uncle Ty and Owen at the Rope Power competition. He loves his Uncle Ty!


OK LADIES....HOLD YOURSELVES BACK because Owen is your man.














One quick story before I call it quits. Dennis sent me an email the other day that said he took Kiana and Kayla to the St. Patrick's Day Parade. On the way, 3-year old Kayla kept telling Dennis to put his seat belt on. Finally she told him that if he didn't put the seat belt on, that she was going to call 111 on him. I thought that was pretty funny! Until next time.....

Love to you all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

O-Wee,
Grandma kept checking your blog because your mom said she was updating tonight. I love your pictures. Grandma plans on coming up and spending some quality time, just you and me. We will have a great time. Grandma misses you soooooo much. I love you and your moms. Give them a hug and kiss for me.

P.S. You sure are a little ladies man. Start preparing yourselves moms cause the girls are going to be chasing little O before you knnow it.

Love to you all
Grandma Bowers

Anonymous said...

Hey:

What darling picture's...thanks a bunch. I can't get over how fast "O" is growing....is he crawling...or is it to early for that. You can see how much I know about babies!!! Do you all see Den and his girls much? I think I saw them when Bill was either in the Nursing home or Hospital. What cute gals they are, huh? Gotta run...thanks again for including us in the blogspot...we really do enjoy it.

Love you all,
Great/great great Aunt Peg